Treat yoself with this Homemade Oatmeal Avocado Facemask that not only hydrates, but exfoliates your skin. This at home face mask is perfect for the colder months when your skin needs a little more love!
Sometimes I feel like winter gets a bad rap, but in my opinion, I love that we have all 4 seasons here in Minneapolis! Now that Thanksgiving is over, I feel like winter is officially official. I can totally tell because not only because we have a little snow on the ground, but because my skin is a lot drier and starting to flake. Sounds kind of gross, but it’s a kind of a nice time of year when I shed a layer of skin.
Over the last year, I I’ve become a lot more aware of my skin and in general, spend more time on it as well. The majority of the products I use are now considered safer skincare, I take a lot of baths, and I do a LOT more face masks! We’re talking like at least 2 days a week and sometimes Mark even joins in, too! If you look inside of my bathroom drawer, I have about 10+ facemasks waiting to me painted on my face. Some are more exfoliating and others are soothing and hydrating. I know that store-bought face masks can be super expensive (some ranging close to $100), which is why we thought we’d share an easy at home face mask that’s perfect for the winter months!
We’re calling this the DIY Oatmeal Avocado Face Mask. I love this oatmeal face mask because I guarantee you have all of these ingredients at home right now! It’s both hydrating and exfoliating…perfect for winter!
Avocado Face Mask Benefits
- Avocado: Not only do we love eating avocados, but we love putting it on our faces! Adding avocado to your face mask is great for moisturizing the skin, reducing inflammation, and healing acne.
- Honey: Honey contains antioxidants and antibacterial properties which is great for reducing pores and blackheads.
- Coconut Oil: We love using coconut oil for all different kind of skin and beauty purposes. A little bit of coconut oil goes a long way! It’s naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal and is also a great moisturizer!
- Rolled Oats: Ground rolled oats are a great at-home product to use for both exfoliation and skin nourishment.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Not only does this essential oil smell amazing, but it will leave you with a calming after effect.
If we haven’t convinced you with this ingredient list, then I don’t know what will! If you make this avocado face mask, your face will be left feeling super smooth, soft, and hydrated. PS: feel free to use any of your favorite essential oils. I bet this would be so yummy with lemon, rose, or lemongrass!
Favorite Store-Bought Face Masks
- Herbivore Blue Tansy
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar
- Fresh Rose Face Mask
- Acure Brightening Face Mask
- Glossier Soothing Face Mask
- Glossier Detoxifying Face Mask
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats, coarsely ground
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 drops of your favorite essential oil
- First, place 1/2 a ripe avocado into a small bowl and use a fork to mash as smooth as possible.
- Then, place rolled oats in a food processor and pulse to coarsly grind. Then transfer into the small bowl and mix with mashed avocado.
- Add in lemon juice, honey, coconut oil, and essential oils and mix until everything is combined.
- Apply a few tablespoons to your clean face immediately and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and follow up mask with your favorite facial oil.
Tips & Notes
- We recommend using this immediately becuase the avocado will turn brown if you let it sit. Note that this recipe makes 4 servings so it would be great to do with girlfriends!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 0 Sugar: 0 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 0
Keywords: Avocado Face Mask