- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 16 oz. can chunky salsa
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. can green chiles
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup yellow corn
- 5 oz. corn tortilla chips
- 4–6 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (~1 medium lime)
- 3 tablespoons water (or more depending on how thin you like it)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and then heat olive oil in a deep, oven safe skillet over medium/high heat.
- Place onion in the skillet and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add salsa, water, and green chiles. Bring to a boil and then turn down to medium heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add black beans and corn and let cook for 2-3 minutes, then gently fold tortilla chips into the salsa mixture.
- Next, make 4-6 indentations throughout the mixture and crack an egg into each indent.
- Place in oven (uncovered) and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.
- While the chilaquiles are baking, prepare the avocado crema by placing all ingredients into a food processor and blending on high until smooth.
- Serve chilaquiles with avocado crema.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 323 Sugar: 7 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 6 Protein: 11