- 1 cup shredded apples
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar (option to sub brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients until they are combined. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together (except for the coconut oil).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Finally, fold the melted cocont oil into the batter.
- Pour batter into bread pan and top with oats or nuts (we used oats).
- Bake for 40 minutes and then cover the bread with tin foil. Place bread back into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 283 Sugar: 28 Sodium: 176 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 43 Fiber: 3 Protein: 5
Keywords: cinnamon apple bread