- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/3 cup organic marinara sauce (OR 1/4 cup pesto)*
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil
- Preheat grill to 375ºF (alternatively you can use your oven).
- Slice sweet potatoes length wise (about 1/4 of an inch thick), rub with olive oil (or spray with olive oil cooking spray) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay a piece of tin foil onto the grill and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes onto tin foil and grill for 10 minutes or until you’ve created beautiful grill marks on your sweet potato slices. Then, flip.
- Add 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce (or 1/2 tablespoon of pesto) and one tablespoon mozzarella cheese to each sweet potato slice and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and top with fresh basil.
Tips & Notes
*Nutrition information includes marinara sauce, not pesto!
*We wrote the recipe to serve 2, but know that you can easily double or triple this to serve more.