- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- Begin by heating a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- When the pan is hot add ground beef. Using a wooden utensil, break the ground beef into small pieces. Let the beef cook for 3-5 minutes.
- When the beef begins to brown*, add taco seasoning, tomato paste, and water to the pan and mix until all of the ingredients are combined. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat to low and let the simmer for 5-7 minutes in order to thicken the sauce.
- Remove beef from heat and serve in a soft or hard taco shell.
Tips & Notes
- *Option to dump the beef grease before adding the taco seasoning. We prefer to keep the grease because it adds great flavor to the tacos.
- Nutrition information is for taco seasoned ground beef, and does not include taco toppings or taco shell.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 222 Sugar: 2 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 7 Protein: 19
Keywords: ground beef tacos