- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano, minced
- 3 sprigs sage, minced
- 1/2 pound of Italian sausage
- 4 oz goat cheese
1. First, preheat oven to 400F and line a baking dish with tin foil.
2. Next, wash sweet potatoes and pat dry. Using a sharp knife, slice sweet potato as finely as possible. Make sure you don’t go all the way through.
3. Drizzle with EVOO and lather with garlic. Try and get the garlic in between each slice.4. Generously season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake at 400F for about 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce the sweet potato with a fork.
5. While sweet potatoes are baking, heat a medium skillet over medium/high heat. Cook Italian sausage until sausage is browned (about 6-8 minutes). Remove from heat.
5. Top sweet potatoes with goat cheese and Italian sausage* and serve.
Tips & Notes
*Feel free to omit Italian sausage to make this a vegetarian dish!
- Nutrition information does not include Italian sausage
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 254 Sugar: 6 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 4 Protein: 8
Keywords: sweet potato, holiday recipes, healthy recipe