- -5 cups rolled oats, gluten free
- -5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- -1/3 cup molasses
- -1/4 cup almond butter, unsalted
- -1/4 cup cocoa powder
- -1/2 teaspoon salt
- -1 tablespoon cake spice
- -1 teaspoon ginger
- -1/2 to 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chunks
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl mix together oats, salt, spices, and cocoa powder. Then add in coconut oil, molasses, and almond butter. Start off by using a wooden spoon to mix things together, then to make sure everything is fully coated, use your hands (it’s okay…get down and dirty).
- 3. Once everything is fully coated, spread half of the granola on one baking sheet and the other half on the other sheet. Spread out evenly.
- 4. Place granola into the oven at 350 and bake for about 20 minutes or until it begins to brown (I suggest checking granola after about 15 minutes and tossing with a spatula).
- 5. Let the granola cook for a good 20 minutes, then add in the dark chocolate chunks (note: if the granola is too hot…the chocolate WILL melt).