- 2 slices bread (any kind)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon softened butter (olive oil works too)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rub both sides of the bread with softened butter.
- Then, use a small round object such as a Mason jar cover, round cookie cutter, the top of a glass, etc. to cut a round circle out of the center of each piece of bread.
- Heat a large skillet over low/medium heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. When the olive oil is fragrant, add the bread and circle cutouts to the pan. Cook bread on the pan for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip.
- Crack an egg in the middle of each circular cutout. Then, cover the pan and let cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on how runny you like your yolk.
- Remove your egg in a hole from the heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 321 Sugar: 2 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 22 Fiber: 2 Protein: 9
Category: BreakfastMethod: StovetopCuisine: American
Keywords: eggs in a basket, egg in a hole