- 16 English muffins, torn into 1–2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- ½ large white onion, minced
- 5-oz. fresh spinach
- 4-oz. sun dried tomatoes, chopped (the kind with olive oil in it)
- 4-oz. goat cheese (plus more for topping)
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup milk, any kind (we used 2% milk)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add the ground pork to the skillet pan.
- Break the sausage up into small pieces and let the sausage cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, white onion, and spinach to the skillet and mix all the ingredients together. Cook all the ingredients together for an additional 5 minutes until the spinach begins to wilt and until the pork is cooked. Remove the skillet from the stove top.
- Add the English muffin pieces, pork, cooked veggies, and sun dried tomatoes to the greased casserole dish. Mix until combined.
- Dollop the goat cheese all over the casserole and then toss everything together.
- In a large bowl, whisk the large eggs together. Add milk, salt, and pepper to the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the English muffin casserole and toss to combine everything together. Use your hands to press the ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Cover the casserole dish with tin foil and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or (preferably) overnight.
- When the casserole is ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator and leave the casserole covered. Place it in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, uncovering the casserole after 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh goat cheese on top of the casserole and place the casserole back into the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the goat cheese is melted.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 499 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 768 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 50 Fiber: 2 Protein: 25 Cholesterol: 36
Category: BreakfastMethod: OvenCuisine: American