- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into half-inch cubes (~2 cups cubed)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz. uncooked breakfast sausage (any kind will work and option to use pre-cooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 15-oz. can refried beans
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant add potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes.
- Next, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt to the potatoes. Mix until they are covered with spices and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, add yellow pepper, red pepper, and onion to the potatoes and mix until all veggies are covered in spices. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring every couple minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk 8 large eggs in a large bowl. Add almond milk, salt and, pepper and whisk until ingredients are combined.
- Next, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add olive oil to the pan. When olive oil is fragrant add eggs to the skillet.
- Move eggs around consistently until eggs are scrambled. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet, cook uncooked breakfast sausage. Saute over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes, moving the sausages around consistently so they don’t burn.* Remove from heat once fully cooked in the middle.
- When the breakfast sausage is cool, chop them into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Measure out 1 cup of cheese, 15 oz. refried beans, and 8 large flour tortillas and set aside.
- Now it’s time to assemble your breakfast burritos! Place 8 tortillas on a flat surface and smear 2-3 tablespoons of refried beans onto the bottom of each tortilla. Then, evenly distribute the fajita veggies, breakfast sausage, cheese, and eggs to each burrito.
- Create burritos by tightly wrap each tortilla.
- Option to eat immediately or make them crispy!
- To give them a crunch, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. When olive oil is fragrant, fry burritos for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite salsa and plain Greek yogurt.
Tips & Notes
- Breakfast sausage: if you are using anything other than pork sausage, add a tablespoon of water to the pan when cooking.
- After rolling each burrito, tightly wrap in a piece of plastic wrap and then again in a piece of tin foil. Remove as much air as possible.
- Write the name of the burrito and the “best eaten by date” (3 months from when you made them) on each burrito.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 396 Sugar: 2 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 41 Fiber: 4 Protein: 23
Keywords: breakfast burritos