- Begin by adding the farro and water to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Then, cover and turn heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes until farro is al dente.
- When farro is al dente remove from heat and strain water and let farro cool.
- Prepare the asparagus by first making an ice bath in a large bowl. Add about two cups of ice to the bowl and cover in water. Set aside.
- Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add chopped asparagus to the pot and let the asparagus cook for two minutes (no longer than two minutes!).
- Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and immediately place the asparagus into the ice bath. This will keep the asparagus perfectly crispy for the salad.
- Next, add the cooked farro, asparagus, and the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Toss with lemon vinaigrette dressing. Serve immediately!*
Tips & Notes
- If you are making this salad ahead of time, do not add the microgreens to the salad. Add them right before serving so they do not get mushy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 451 Sugar: 12 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 63 Fiber: 11 Protein: 17
Category: SaladMethod: Stove topCuisine: American
Keywords: Farro salad