- 8 cups raw kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium Gala apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- First, begin by preparing our famous balsamic vinaigrette. Read the directions on how to do so in this post. Then, set aside.
- Then, prepare candied walnuts by following the directions on how to do so in this post.
- Next, place raw kale into a large bowl and drizzle on olive oil. Season with salt. Use your hands to massage the kale for 2-3 minutes or until it turns bright green and begins to wilt.
- Add in sliced apple, fresh thyme, candied walnuts, goat cheese crumbles, and dried cherries. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle on dressing and then toss one more time to combine.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 278 Sugar: 19 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 7 Protein: 9
Keywords: Thanksgiving salad