- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 large bell pepper, finely diced (any color)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1–2 tablespoon minced jalapeño* (we used canned)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 15-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup homemade chili seasoning
- 2 15-oz. cans white northern beans
- Begin by heating 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stockpot over medium/high heat.
- when olive oil is fragrant, add onion, bell pepper, sweet potato, jalapeño, and garlic. Saute for around 5 minutes or until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients but the beans and bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, turn chili down to low and cover.
- Let simmer for around 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Finally, add in beans and stir. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings.
Tips & Notes
- Jalapeño: add more or less depending on spice preference.
- Nutrition information does not include toppings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 325 Sugar: 23 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 62 Fiber: 19 Protein: 13
Keywords: vegetarian chili