- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 bananas, large (1.5 heaping cups mashed)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Alternatively, line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mash 3 large bananas. Then, add all wet ingredients minus the coconut oil. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients together (except for walnuts).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
- Finally, add walnuts and melted coconut oil, and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin til, filling 3/4 of the way full. Option to sprinkle on additional walnuts to the top.
- Bake at 350ºF for 19-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven once fully cooked and let cool for 5 minutes, and remove from pan to finish cooling.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 180 Sugar: 15 Fat: 7 Saturated Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: chocolate muffins, chocolate banana walnut muffins