- 6 eggs, large
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 pieces of whole grain bread
- Begin by whisking together eggs, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Then, prep your bread by slicing into strips. Set aside.
- Heat a skilling with coconut oil cooking spray to medium heat.
- Dunk each piece of bread into the egg mixture, making sure everything is generously coated on both sides. Place on the skillet and let cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until the bottom turns golden brown. Flip and continue cooking for about 3-5 minutes until everything is cooked all the way through and the second side is golden brown.
Tips & Notes
It’s always better to do this on a lower setting so that things cook evenly. Refrain from putting your burner on high, please!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 4 french toast sticks Calories: 273 Sugar: 15 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 30 Fiber: 4 Protein: 15
Keywords: french toast sticks