- 4 cups pitted Bing cherries, halved
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice (option to sub water)
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (any kind of flour will work!)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (option to use coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (option to use coconut oil or half and half)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray a cake pan (or any casserole dish) with nonstick cooking spray. We used a casserole dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss cherries with 2 tablespoons of flour and orange juice. Transfer the fruit into the greased casserole dish and set it aside.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix together all of the crumble ingredients. Use a fork (or your hands) to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms little crumbles. Evenly spread crumble topping over the cherries in the casserole dish.
- Bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes or until the filling begins to bubble and the crumble topping begins to brown.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 293 Sugar: 22 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 43 Fiber: 6 Protein: 4
Category: DessertMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: cherry crisp