- 8 cups 1-inch cornbread cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/4 minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 medium carrots, diced (~1 cup)
- 3 celery stalks, diced (~1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, separated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1.5 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF and cut the cornbread into 1-inch squares and then bake them at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Then, toss and roast for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven when crutons are golden brown and turn the oven temperature down to 375ºF.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add olive oil. When olive oil is fragrant, add onion and shallot to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, celery, and 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Then, add brussels sprouts, thyme, and sage to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes and remove the pan from heat. Set aside.
- Next, whisk eggs, vegetable broth, garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt and maple syrup together. Set aside.
- Add the cornbread, wild rice, and vegetable mixture to a greased 9×13-inch casserole dish. Mix until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cornbread stuffing and combine until everything is combined and soaked in the egg mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the cornbread dressing and place the oven and bake at 375ºF for 50 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 recipe Calories: 208 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 424 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 12 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: cornbread stuffing