I wish I lived in a place where produce was lush all year round. Where I could go to the farmer’s market and purchase a GIANT bundle of colorful tomatoes for $2.00. Where I could eat my face off in green beans and green peppers.
Is that too much for a girl to ask!?
I think I just need to move to southern California or Mexico :)
I LOVE this recipe. I woke up craving pizza. Weird, I know. So, I decided to use a simple garbanzo bean crust with toppings I already had in my fridge. Like smoked ham, for example. Sounds random, but was DELICIOUS on this pizza! It tasted similar to Canadian bacon.
In addition to the ham is plum tomatoes, goat cheese, red onion, and some kale.
Garbanzo Bean Flatbread Pizza Crust
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- -2/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
- -1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- -1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- -1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- -Any toppings you desire!
- 1. Preheat oven to 375.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. It should be a thick paste.
- 3. Next, line a pan with parchment paper and spread mixture evenly onto pan (I used a spoon). I created a circular pizza, but feel free to make any shape that you desiree.
- 4. Top your pizza with what ever your heart desires! I used thin slices of smoked ham, goat cheese, red onion, tomatoes, and kale.
- 5. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is firm. Slice with a pizza cutter.
Like I said, feel free to use any toppings that you desire! Italian sausage, bacon, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, olives, the list goes on!
I love this pizza crust because it is gluten free and dairy free friendly. AND it is grain free. AKA bad ass.
Cheers to Thursday!