- 8 oz. angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 14 oz. cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- toppings: shredded parmesan cheese and fresh basil
- First, prepare the noodles by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt.
- When the water is boiling add noodles and cook until the noodles are al dente.
- Next, drain the water from the noodles and set aside.
- Prepare the pasta sauce by heating a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant add the garlic to the olive oil and let it cook for about a minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the olive oil and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium, cover the tomatoes, and let them cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover the tomatoes and add the red wine and balsamic vinegar to the pan. Stir and let the tomatoes simmer in the liquid for 8-10 more minutes or until the tomatoes burst.
- After the tomatoes have burst and the sauce starts to thicken* add the ricotta cheese and butter to the sauce. Stir until the ricotta and cheese dissolve into the sauce.
- Simmer the sauce for an additional two minutes and remove from heat.
- Finally, add the noodles to the sauce and mix well.
- Serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Tips & Notes
*You’ll know when the sauce is thick enough when you scrape the bottom of the pan and it leaves a film!