- 1 lb. pork breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large russet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into moons
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Next, heat a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in pork sausage. Sauté for around 2 minutes to partially cook. When there is just a little bit of pink showing, remove pork from stove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and use a wooden utensil to scrape the brown, crispy bits from the bottom. Then, add the diced potato and cook for 2 minutes. Add zucchini, onion, and green pepper and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for around 4 minutes to partially cook veggies.
- Remove cast iron skillet from the stove and then layer the partially cooked pork sausage on top of the veggies. Then, crack 4-6 eggs on top of the sausage.
- Bake at 350ºF for around 20 minutes depending on how runny you like your yolk.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was updated on June 10, 2020. For the original recipe click HERE.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 369 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 913 Fat: 25 Carbohydrates: 15 Fiber: 2 Protein: 19
Category: BreakfastMethod: OvenCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: breakfast hash