- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets (~4–6 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2.5 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1/2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/4 cup honey
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, Prep cauliflower by washing and patting dry. Then, cut into bite-sized florets and set aside.
- Crack 3 eggs into a medium bowl and use a fork to whisk. Set egg wash aside.
- Prepare the breading. Place breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, garlic powder, coconut sugar, and salt into a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the egg wash, making sure to fully coat the entire thing.
- Then, dip each piece of cauliflower into the breadcrumb mixture, coating the entire thing.
- Place on cookie sheet and repeat until all florets are coated.
- Bake cauliflower florets at 400ºF for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully flip each cauliflower wing over.
- Place back into the oven and bake at 400ºF for another 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower wings are baking, prepare sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix together chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, tomato paste, sriracha and honey. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower is done roasting. Let cool for around 5 minutes. Then, transfer the cauliflower into the large bowl with the sauce.
- Toss cauliflower in sauce making sure that everything is fully coated.
- Serve cauliflower on top of your favorite grain with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition Information does not include rice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 300 Sugar: 27 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 44 Fiber: 3 Protein: 13
Category: Main DishMethod: OvenCuisine: Asian
Keywords: General Tso's