- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 1/2 cups ground almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- orange zest
- sea salt
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 340º and lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Next, place wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil) in a large both and slowly mix together with a hand mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix again. Finally, add coconut oil and mix until everything is combined.
- Split the dough in half and form into logs about 4 inches wide and 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the logs are golden brown on the edges, remove from oven and let cool for 15min. Reduce oven temperature to 300º.
- Once cooled (it is VERY important that they are cool), cut loaves evenly into 1/2 – 3/4 inch cookies.
- Place back on cookie sheet and bake for another 20-30 minutes, depending on how crunchy you would like your biscotti.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 30 minutes.
- Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle on orange zest, sea salt, and slivered almonds.
- Nutrition facts include chocolate drizzle, but do not include other toppings listed
Serving Size: 1/24