I’m sitting on my couch right now, watching Myth Busters. I probably watch a total of 12 minutes of TV each week and that’s because I turn it on if I’m home alone. I am a radio show listener. With my 1 hour commute each way, it’s nice to have a good radio show or two to listen to. My AM radio show is Oake and Keri in the Morning on 97.1 (Cities 97 and at night, Martha Stewart Radio. Don’t you judge.
Martha would be proud of these doughnuts and that’s the truth! (Random Fact: One of my dream jobs is to be a recipe creator for one of Martha’s magazines).
I started off by making a gluten free almond base using almond meal, almond butter, and gluten free flour mix.
Then I topped them with a simple vanilla glaze.
And then topped with some slivered almonds for crunch. Oh, hot damn.
Gluten Free Almond Doughnuts
Almond Doughnut Ingredients (makes 8 mini doughnuts)
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond butter, smooth
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
Vanilla Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray doughnut (or muffin) pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, melt almond butter. Then add in egg and mix. Next, add in rest of ingredients and mix again until smooth. The batter should be very similar to pancake batter.
- Fill each doughnut tin about 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- While the doughnuts are baking, prepare the glaze. Mix together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and almond milk. You may need to add a little more milk or a little more powdered sugar. The consistency should be like glue.
- After the doughnuts have completely cooled, spoon glaze on top and spread with spoon. It doesn’t have to be perfect :)
Doughnut baking is an art and I give sooooo much credit to Ashley from Edible Perspective for creating a cookbook called: 100 Gluten-Free Baked Doughnuts. It comes out in October and I am SO excited!
This was pretty much my first attempt at gluten free doughnut baking….minus my Fit Foodie Doughnuts that were actually just made from left over oatmeal muffin batter.
Cheers and (LAST BUT NOT LEAST): Happy Father’s Day to my favorite dad in the whole wide world and to all the dad’s out there! You make the world so special. I also wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Grandma Marie! I wish I could be with both of you today!