- 1/2 cup ground oat flour*
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (+ more for topping)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 medium banana, ripe and mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and an 8×8-inch* pan with parchment paper. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Next, in a large bowl mix together dry ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, you’ll add those last.
- In a medium-size bowl, mash the banana until pureed and then mix in the wet ingredients, minus the coconut oil.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add melted coconut oil and dark chocolate chips and mix one more time.
- Transfer batter into baking dish and option to add more chocolate chips to the top. Bake at 350ºF for about 20-23 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes to an hour before slicing. Enjoy with nut butter and fresh banana slices.
Tips & Notes
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 270 Sugar: 17 Fat: 10 Saturated Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 41 Fiber: 4 Protein: 7
Keywords: oatmeal bars