- -1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- -2 cups water
- -1 pound ground turkey
- -1 egg
- -1/3 cup quick cooking gluten free oats
- -2 teaspoons italian seasoning (see below for more information)
- -1/2 teaspoon salt
- -1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- -2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- -parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1. Begin by preparing your quinoa. Bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups of water to a rolling boil. Then, reduce heat to low and let simmer until all water is absorbed. Set aside.
- 2. Next, in a large pot, begin heating up your spaghetti sauce. Turn burner to low.
- 3. To create meatballs, thoroughly mix together meat, egg, oats, and spices in a large bowl (I use my hands for this part). Using your hands, scoop out mixture and mold into a ball the size of your palm. Repeat 8 – 10 times.
- 3. Heat a large pan to medium-high heat and place meatballs onto pan. Sear for about 3-4 minutes, letting brown on all sides of the meatball. Then, turn burner to low, and cover meatballs for about 5-10 additional minutes, turning frequently.
- 4. Transfer meatballs into the spaghetti sauce and let cook for an additional 30 minutes to ensure they are cooked all the way through.
- 5. Serve meatballs on a bed of freshly cooked quinoa with parmesan cheese!
- Calories: 1394
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 3322
- Fat: 61
- Saturated Fat: 18
- Unsaturated Fat: 35
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 121
- Protein: 94
- Cholesterol: 363