One of my favorite dinners as a child was my mom’s Spaghetti and Meatballs. Holy heaven. I just remember going back for seconds and thirds.
Now that I choose to eat gluten free, most noodles are made with white or wheat flour, which is not GF. I recently discovered that there are many options for us gluten free eaters. There’s brown rice noodles, plain white rice noodles, and then there’s quinoa noodles. All delicious and easy options. The nice thing is, you can get them at Trader Joe’s, your local grocery store, or even Target.
Hello Gluten Free Rotini Bake, sister of my Healthified Baked Ziti.
gluten free rotini bake
- -1 package of brown rice rotini
- -1 lb. ground turkey
- -1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- -1C fat free cottage cheese
- -optional: chopped, roasted veggies
- -optional: mozzarella cheese for topping
- First, brown 1 lb. of ground turkey in a large skillet. Cook on med/high heat for about 7-8 minutes. No oil needed! Then add in 1 jar of spaghetti sauce and cook for an additional minute or so.
- Follow the directions on the package of the brown rice noodles. After the noodles are cooked, strain and place in a large oven save serving dish.
- Then, add in 1C fat free cottage cheese followed by the spaghetti sauce and mix.
- Finally add on a handful of mozzarella cheese.
- Place dish in oven at 400F for about 10-15 minutes. I really only do this to melt the cheese.
I topped mine with some veggies that I got pre chopped at TJ’s. Then I roasted them at about 400 for 20-25 minutes with EVOO, salt, and pepper. Adds color and nutrients!
I love this meal because there is always leftovers! I just package a serving up and I have lunch for the next few days.
Fact: I always always eat my leftovers cold. I NEVER reheat.
Enlighten me, do you reheat your leftovers? BE HONEST.