Take snack time up a notch with this anti-inflammatory Golden Roasted Cauliflower Recipe. It’s made with a delicious inflammation-fighting golden spice mix including turmeric, curry, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon. Serve it with some hummus or another plant-based dip for a healthy snack or meal addition.
You guys know I’m a total sweet girl when it comes to snacking, but I’ve got two ladies on my team that are SAVORY BABES ALL THE WAY. We usually create a happy medium, but doing a little bit of both, but lately, it seems like all of our snacking has been team savory. I’m sort of okay with this because it’s gotten me to eat a lot more veggies throughout the day, and this is for sure something that I continue to struggle with even as a healthy food blogger.
This Golden Roasted Cauliflower recipe is perfectly cooked and flavored and if you ask me, just right for a delicious afternoon snack. Not only do I like this recipe because it’s a veggie, but also becuase the main spice is turmeric, which is a spice god. Spice. God. As someone who suffers from depression, anxiety, and my current injury of neck and back problems, turmeric is such an amazing anti-inflammatory spice that helps with all of these issues. Let’s talk turmeric for a second.
Why We’ve Been Loving All Things Turmeric
Turmeric is such an amazing anti-inflammatory spice that not only has amazing flavor and an intense yellow color, but does so much good for the body!
- Increases antioxidant capacity
- Lowers risk of heart disease
- Helps prevent certain cancers
So this recipe. It’s super simple to make and what a great way to get a boost of anti-inflamatory antixidants into the body! Here’s what you need:
- Cocont oil or olive oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower
- coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray a cookie sheet or a castiron skillet with coconut oil and set aside.
- Add all spices to a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Rinse a whole head of cauliflower with water. Dry and generously spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Next, pour spice mixture over the head of the cauliflower. Use your hands to evenly rub the spices into the cauliflower.
- Wrap the cauliflower with tin foil and roast at 425ºF for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove tin foil. Place cauliflower back into the oven for 20-30 additional minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with hummus, tahini, or any other tasty dip.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 63 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 137 Carbohydrates: 14 Fiber: 6 Protein: 4
Check out some other Fit Foodie Finds recipes using turmeric…