- 1 cup creamy almond butter, unsalted (if you’re using salted, omit additional salt from the recipe)
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- First, preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a 8×8 inch cake pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Or, line with a piece of parchment paper.
- Add the wet ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until combined. Your batter should have a cookie dough consistency.
- Transfer the dough into the greased baking dish and use your fingers or a spatula to evenly press it into the pan. Feel free to press more dark chocolate chips into the top of your bars.
- Bake cookie bars at 350ºF for 12-15 minutes or until fully cooked in the center.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Serve with a sprinkle of sea salt.
Tips & Notes
- A 9×9-inch or 6×10-inch pan would work too. The cook-time would vary.
- Make sure to let the bars cool for 30 minutes before slicing so that they can firm up.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 276 Sugar: 18 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 24 Fiber: 4 Protein: 7
Category: DessertMethod: OvenCuisine: American