I am consciously trying to eat more salads and green foods in general. I have said this multiple times lately, but I have SERIOUSLY been slacking in my fruits/veggies department.
Lee- peanut butter is not a food group and should only be consumed in normal portion sizes.
This is a super easy salad with some of my favorite salad toppers!
I experimented with broiled grapefruits…and I actually really enjoyed it! Broiling the grapefruit halves with a little coconut sugar sprinkled on top brings out some sweetness. And eating warm grapefruit wasn’t as weird as I thought it was going to be 😀
I also added my favorite cheese ever- goat cheese, with slices of avocado, and walnuts. If I had grilled chicken, that would be on here too…but there’s no way I’m taking out the grill in sub zero conditions 😀
I remember as a kid eating grapefruit and sugar. That’s the way my mom did it 😀 I’m not the biggest sour fan, but I really do enjoy the flavor of grapefruit…so for me some sort of sugar/sweet is necessary.
Grapefruit Spinach Salad
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- -1/2 grapefruit
- -1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- -2 handfuls of fresh, baby spinach
- -1/2 avocado
- -1 oz. goat cheese
- -1 tablespoon pecans
- First, preheat oven to broil on high. Then, cut a grapefruit in half and place a grapefruit (sliced side facing up) on a cookie tray. Sprinkle with coconut sugar and and broil for 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully. You just want to melt and caramelize the sugar on top.
- Next, use a knife to cute the grapefruit meat out of the skin. The easiest way to do it is to cut around the skin and then slice each individual section.
- Prepare salad by mixing the rest of the ingredients together. Pour some of the excess grapefruit juice on top of salad instead of dressing!
Check out the latest salad recipe I did for Anytime Fitness- The Perfect Vegetarian Power Salad. I could eat one of these bad boys every single day!
Salad talk- What’s your favorite kind of salad?