- 1 lb. green beans, ends removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (+ more for topping)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cups raw, slivered almonds
- lemon zest, for garnish
- Start off by preparing a large ice bath. Add 4 cups of ice to a large bowl and fill the rest of the bowl with water. Set aside.
- Then, prepare your green beans by rinsing and patting dry. Use a pair of scissors or a knife to remove the ends off of the green beans and set aside.
- Next, add a teaspoon of salt to 3-4 quarts of water in a large pot and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Blanch green beans by placing them into the boiling water. Continue boiling for 2 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat and strain. Place green beans into the ice bath and let sit for at least 5-10 minutes.
- While the green beans are cooling, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat.
- Once fragrant, add shallot, garlic, salt, and pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until the shallot is translucent.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and then add the chilled green beans. Then, squeeze in around 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Sautee for 3-5 more minutes and then add in slivered almonds and toss.
- Remove from heat, give it a taste test and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with lemon zest and more butter, as desired.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 166 Sugar: 2 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: green beans almondine