- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 1 jalepeño, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 4-oz. can green chiles
- 16 oz. salsa verde (any heat works)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can white hominy, drained
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Add onion, poblano peppers, jalepeño, shallot, and garlic to a large, oven-safe stockpot.
- Then, drizzle on olive oil and salt and toss. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 400ºF, stirring halfway.
- Remove stockpot from oven and add salsa verde, chicken broth, and chicken breast to the stockpot.
- Bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Once boiling, cover, and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once the chicken has cooked, remove from the pot and use 2 forks to shred. Set aside.
- Using a handheld immersion blender, blend the contents of the pot just until there are small chunks.
- Then, add the shredded chicken back into the pot along with the beans and hominy.
- Stir and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Keywords: green chili