- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cup minced scallions (green parts only)
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized with Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup packed watercress
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese, optional
- Place the quinoa and 2/3 cup water in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, then uncover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa fluffs up. Transfer the quinoa to a small bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Place all the ingredients for the dressing plus 1 tablespoon water in a food processor and pulse until smooth. It should be thick, but add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed until the desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
- Put the zucchini noodles in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the noodles and toss to combine. Set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
- Place a small skillet over medium-high heat. Toast the almonds in the skillet, tossing to avoid burning, for about 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Immediately remove them from the pan.
- Add the watercress and quinoa to the bowl with the zucchini and toss to combine. Divide the zucchini pasta between two plates and top with the toasted almonds and, if desired, goat cheese.
Serving Size: 1/2