- 1.5 cups white rice (or any kind of rice)
- 3 cups water
BBQ Grilled Chicken
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce (any kind)
- 4 cups raw kale coleslaw
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Black Beans + Corn
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- homemade ranch dressing
- Lime juice
- Preheat your grill to 400ºF and add rice and water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until rice is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Next mix all of the spices for the bbq chicken into a small bowl. Evenly distribute dry rub all over chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts and corn on the grill for 20-25 minutes, rotating corn every five minutes.
- At 10 minutes, flip chicken breasts and add half of the bbq sauce. Grill for remaining 10-15 minutes.
- While chicken and corn are on the grill, place all ingredients for coleslaw into a large bowl. Mix well and place in the fridge.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add beans, cumin, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Remove chicken* and corn from grill.
- Cut corn off the cob and place it in the medium-sized bowl with the black bean mixture. Mix well.
- Cut chicken into cubes and toss with the rest of the bbq sauce. Evenly distribute into 6 bowls or meal prep containers.
- Remove slaw from the fridge and evenly distribute corn mixture, slaw, and rice into the bowls.