- 1 – 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (3–4 medium-sized chicken breasts)
- 2–3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- First, season chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Option here to sub out 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite dry rub. Set aside for at least 15 minutes. The longer the chicken sits, the more flavorful it will be.
- Next, preheat the grill to 400ºF and spray grates with cooking spray
- Grill chicken breasts over direct heat at 400ºF for around 7-8 minutes. Then, flip chicken breasts and continue cooking for 8-10 more minutes. You know the chicken breast is done cooking when the internal temperature reaches 160ºF – 165ºF.
- Remove from the grill and let rest* for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. The chicken breasts will continue to rise in temperature around 5ºF.
Tips & Notes
- Cook time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast. Thicker chicken breasts will take longer, just make sure to cook until the internal temperature has reached 165ºF.
- Your chicken will continue to cook once you remove it from the grill and the internal temperature will continue to rise.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 135 Sugar: 0 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 25
Keywords: grilled chicken breast, grilled chicken recipes, grilled chicken