The best guacamole recipes on the internet are here! These 13 delicious guacamole recipes are full of healthy fats and scrumptious flavors that are sure to satisfy your guacamole loving heart. Guacamole is kid-friendly, a perfect meal-prep snack, and the ideal dish to bring to a party. Enjoy!
Guys, Cinco de Mayo is RIGHT around the corner. Do you know what that means? It means that SUMMER IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. Which also means finding the perfectly ripened avocados at your local grocery store is easier than ever. And is there really a better dip to bring to a party than guac?! We think not!
While you’ll find a great variety in ingredients in these guac recipes below, there are a few staples that we almost ALWAYS put in guacamole. Some of our favorite guacamole ingredients include:
Avocado: Now this should be obvious, but it’s still important to find avocados for your guac that are ripened. Look for a browner peel, and a softer feel — but not too mushy. If there aren’t ripe avocados available at your grocery store at the time you go, you can still buy avocados with a greener peel and place them in a paper bag on your counter to ripen over the next few days.
Diced onion: Feel free to get creative here! If you love the flavor and taste of red onion, go for it! But if you’re looking for a milder / less overpowering onion, use a white onion. Vidalia onions are a great option if you’re whipping up a batch of guacamole and want a touch of sweetness.
Cilantro: If you think cilantro tastes like soap, for gosh sakes don’t put it in your guac! But for those of us that love the taste of cilantro, it’s such a great addition to guacamole, not only as a garnish, but mixed into the guacamole itself as well.
Garlic: You can mince your own fresh garlic cloves for guac, or if you don’t have this on-hand, garlic powder also works great! Again, this totally depends on your preference / love for garlic flavor 😀
Lime juice: We highly recommend using fresh lime juice! Not only will you get better flavor, those little plastic lime and lemon juice bottles go bad VERY quickly. And because they’re not see-through, it’s hard to tell if it’s rotten or not until you’ve squeezed it into your entire batch of guac. Fresh limes all the way!
What to Serve with Guacamole
Guacamole pairs well with SO many dishes, and also stands alone well as a dip to serve a crowd. These Mexican Juicy Lucys are so delish topped with guacamole, for example. Or these Mexican Stuffed Peppers or this Mexican Sweet Potato Quinoa Casserole. Or these Crockpot Chicken Taco Bowls or the easy peasy Chilaquiles. You have so many delicious options!
Now, onto one of the season’s most popular and delicious snack recipes —> GUAC GUAC GUAC GUAC-A-MOLE. We love testing out different guacamole recipes that have fun and unique ingredients. Throw in some grilled fruit, maybe some spicy peppers, or swirl in some hummus. The options are endless. So, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite guacamole recipes on the internet. YAH WELCOME.
Check out the recipes below and then make a little trip to the grocery store for some avocados and get your snack on with all things guacamole.
Healthy Guacamole Recipes
- Classic Guacamole by Fit Foodie Finds
- Mango Guacamole by Fit Foodie Finds
- Fresh Homemade Guacamole by The Wooden Skillet
- Crab Guacamole by Skinnytaste
- Best Guacamole Recipe by Skinnytaste
- Spicy Guacamole Recipe by Simply Quinoa
- Edamame Avocado Hummus by Well Plated
- Bacon Guac Recipe by Wonky Wonderful
- Chunky Guacamole by Gimme Some Oven
- The Best Guacamole Recipe by Ambitious Kitchen
- Pineapple Guacamole by Running to the Kitchen
- Simple Guacamole by Lil Luna
- Easy Basic Guacamole by A Head of Thyme
- 4 ripe avocados, medium
- 1/2 large white onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, freshly chopped
- optional: 1 large jalapeno, finely diced
- Remove the flesh of the avocados and place in a medium size bowl. Use a fork to mash until smooth. Then, add in finely diced onion, lime juice, sea salt, garlic powder, and cilantro, and mix until combined.
- Optional: fold in diced jalapeno at the end.
- Serve with your favorite chip or Mexican dish.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 166 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 196 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 7 Protein: 2
Keywords: authentic guacamole