- 1.5 lb. chicken breast, (4 large chicken breasts)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pads
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, lemon juice, and dried thyme and pour the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Finally, evenly disburse the sliced lemons, garlic cloves, and butter pads in the baking dish.
- Bake chicken breast for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Using a marinade brush or baster, brush the tops of each chicken breast with the baking liquid from the bottom of the dish. Then, Place back into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat that process one more time (cooking the chicken breast around 25-30 minutes) or until the center of the chicken breast reaches 165ºF.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 332 Sugar: 0 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 49
Keywords: baked lemon chicken