- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a standard bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, place dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash 3 medium ripe bananas with a fork until they’re mostly pureed. You should get about a cup of mashed banana. Then crack in eggs and whisk to combine. Add maple syrup, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and almond milk and whisk again.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix with a wooden spoon. Finally, add melted coconut oil and mix one final time.
- Transfer batter into the bread pan and then bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with a tented piece of tin foil. Then, bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove from pan to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Tips & Notes
Almond milk: option to add a little bit more almond milk depending on how thick your batter is.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 205 Sugar: 21 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 38 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: healthy banana bread, healthy banana bread recipe