- 8 oz. fusilli (or any pasta)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (we used Chardonnay)
- 2 tablespoons starchy pasta water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 lb. cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Start by following the directions on how to cook bacon in the oven HERE.
- Simultaneously, cook 8 oz. of pasta following the directions on the package.
- When pasta is done cooking set aside 2 tablespoons of the pasta water for later and then strain pasta and set pasta aside.
- Next, heat a large and deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add onion and salt to the pan. Sauté onion for about 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, add cherry tomatoes, white wine, and pasta water to the pan. Give all the vegetables a stir and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, ground pepper, and mayo to the skillet. Stir all ingredients together until a thicker sauce forms.
- Finally, add bacon and pasta to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes until bacon and pasta are warm.
- Remove from heat and fold arugula and parmesan into the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 635 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 1553 Fat: 39 Carbohydrates: 32 Fiber: 1 Protein: 32
Keywords: BLT pasta