- 1.5 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk**
- First, preheat your waffle iron to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients, minus the coconut oil.
- Partially melt the coconut oil and add that to the batter. I microwave my coconut oil for about 20 seconds. Mix until smooth.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil cooking spray on both sides. Then, scoop in about 2/3 cup of batter. Close the waffle iron, flip, and let cool for about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Tips & Notes
**The batter should be a little thicker than pancake batter, but not too thick! Start with 3/4 cup of almond milk and add a tablespoon at a time if it’s too thick.
***To make pancakes: add about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup more almond milk to thin the batter out a little bit. Cook over medium heat for about 1.5 minutes per side.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 353 Sugar: 23 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 56 Fiber: 8 Protein: 11
Keywords: healthy waffle