- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast, cut into 1 in. chunks
- 1.5 cups minute white rice (brown works too)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
- 1 4-oz. can green chiles
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (black works too)
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all of the ingredients (minus the shredded cheese) into the casserole dish and mix together with a wooden spoon making sure that everything is well mixed and submerged in liquid.
- Then, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and give the casserole a stir. Then, top with shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once fully cooked, let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Top with Greek yogurt, more shredded cheese, salsa, and green onions.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was slightly updated on February 6, 2020. Get the original recipe HERE.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 305 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 101 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 36 Fiber: 6 Protein: 31 Cholesterol: 68
Keywords: chicken burrito bowl casserole