- 1 pound ground turkey (beef or chicken work too!)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14.5-oz. can of green chilis
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cups Mexican cheddar cheese (divided 1/3 and 1/3)
- Preheat oven to 400º and spray a 9×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place olive oil on a large frying pan and heat over medium/high heat. When the olive oil is fragrant, add onion and minced garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey to the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the meat is fully browned.
- Turn heat down to low/medium and add green chiles, tomato paste, pinto beans, and spices. Mix and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Greek yogurt and 1/3 cup cheese into the meat mixture and combine. If you want your dip to be a little bit runnier, feel free to add a few tablespoons of water and that should d the trick!
- Transfer into to a 9×9-inch oven-safe baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dip begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and serve with veggies and chips. Enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 317 Sugar: 2 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 4 Protein: 30
Keywords: chili cheese dip