- 1 medium size banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups finely grated carrots, packed*
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a standard-size loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Start with the wet ingredients. In a medium/large size mixing bowl, mash a banana until there are minimal to no lumps, then add the rest of the wet ingredients to the bowl (except for the coconut oil). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Once combined, add the melted coconut oil to the batter and mix again.
- Transfer batter into bread pan and then sprinkle on some additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350ºF for 38-42 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from bread pan.
Tips & Notes
*If your carrots are extremely moist, ring out some of the moisture with a paper towel before adding to the batter.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 298 Sugar: 22 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 43 Fiber: 5 Protein: 5
Keywords: carrot bread