- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (~1 large banana)
- 2 large eggs
- 1.25 cups unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Then, in a separate bowl crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add the remainder of the dry ingredients into the same bowl and mix.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix making sure all ingredients are combined*. Finally, add in 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Next, heat a large skillet over low heat*. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/3 cup scoop, scoop pancake batter into the skillet. Let the pancake cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when bubbles start to form in the center of the pancake. when Repeat until all pancake batter is gone.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*Cook on low to avoid chocolate chips from burning.
*You may need to add a splash more or two of almond milk if your batter is a little too thick.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 pancake Calories: 234 Sugar: 13 Sodium: 109 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 33 Fiber: 4 Protein: 8 Cholesterol: 56
Keywords: chocolate chocolate chip pancakes