- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (+ more for topping)
- 1 cup mashed banana*
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. We suggest also spraying your muffin liners with cooking spray just in case.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix.
- Then, in a small bowl, mash 1 large banana. Measure it and add 1 cup to a large bowl.
- Crack 2 eggs into the large bowl and whisk with mashed banana. Add maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then mix. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way full (these are going to be big muffins) and sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips. Then, place in the oven at 350ºF and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin tin to continue cooling.
Tips & Notes
- *If you don’t like bananas, feel free to use another fruit puree such as applesauce or pumpkin.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 203 Sugar: 15 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 31 Fiber: 4 Protein: 4
Category: SnackMethod: BakingCuisine: American
Keywords: healthy chocolate muffins