Get fancy this holiday season and make one of these delicious lightened-up winter cocktails. Their festive, easy, and will steal the show with your friends and family!
Last Friday we went out for Cath’s 21st birthday! The woman had never had sushi before, so we went to one of my favorite sushi bars in Minneapolis – SEVEN. OH MY GAWD, I am so glad we deviriginized her sushi-card. I could eat sushi ever single day, I love it so much. Anyways- we ordered Cath the most legit drink on the planet…a blueberry mojito as her first legal drink as a 21 year old. HUZZAH. Soooooo nummy. SEVEN has an awesome drink menu…so much inspiration in one spot.
Cath….this cocktail round-up is for you. HBD.
Coconut Chai Hot Toddy from Running to the Kitchen
This coconut chai hot toddy is made with a generous splash of dark rum, spices and creamy coconut milk for the perfect cozy holiday drink.
Almond Joy Martini with Coconut Water from Eating Bird Food
This Hooville Martini is a rich and nutty cocktail featuring chocolate coconut water, vodka and a splash of amaretto. It’s perfect for holiday parties and a tad healthier since it’s made with coconut water.
Cranberry Orange Margarita from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
This Cranberry Orange Margarita is a festive spin on your classic Margarita, perfect for your next party. Fresh squeezed orange juice, tequila, a touch of real cranberry juice, and a dash of sweetness and orange zest make this margarita the perfect holiday cocktail!
Pomegranate Champagne Martinis from The Healthy Maven
This Pomegranate Champagne Martini makes the perfect celebratory cocktail for your next party. It’s sweetened with a touch of honey and pomegranate juice for a healthier drink recipe.
All I have to say is that during my trip to Mexico at the beginning of the month, I was sucking down mojitos like it was my job. OH EM GEE I love citrus and mint together. So so soooooooo nummy. Clearly that was my inspiration for this recipe. You know what? That’s why I love to travel…because I come home with a thousand and one new ideas for the blog.
So you really do need to make this ASAP, especially if you are hosting a holiday get together. SO FESTIVE. Red and green = festive.
I usually don’t drink cocktails at home…I am more of a wine girl. So when I realized I didn’t have any rum on hand, Linley and I ventured off to a local wine and spirits. SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM. Obviously I chose a Minnesota-made variety. Introducing: Skaalvenn. Don’t ask me how to pronounce that because I have no idea.
Pretty much obsessed with the branding. Their website is pretty awesome, too!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 6 large mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup 100% cranberry juice
- 3 oz. white rum
- 2 cups of ice
- 1/4 cup plain sparkling water
- fresh cranberries
- fresh rosemary
- First, prepare rosemary simple syrup. Place honey, water, and rosemary in a small saucepan. Turn heat to medium/high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Next, place mint leaves and lime juice in a mason jar and muddle mint leaves in the lime juice to release flavors.
- Then, add the rosemary simple syrup, cranberry juice, rum, and a handful of ice. Put the top on and shake, mixing everything together.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice and then pour cranberry mojito equally into the glasses.
- Top off both drinks with sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary.
- Rosemary simple syrup: don’t have rosemary? Make our honey simple syrup instead!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 128
Happy hump day!