- 1.75 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
For the Glaze
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and rub a muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Place dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Place wet ingredients, minus the coconut oil, into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix. Finally add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Transfer batter into muffin tin, filling each muffin ¾ of the way full. You should get around 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove muffins and let cool for at least 15 minutes before glazing.
- While muffins are cooling prepare glaze by mixing together water and powdered sugar.
- Once muffins have cooled, drizzle with glaze.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 209 Sugar: 15 Sodium: 540 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: gingerbread muffins, healthy muffins