- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten-free if desired
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (~15)*
- 1 cup all-natural drippy cashew butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips, dairy-free if desired
- Place rolled oats in a high speed food processor and process on high for about a minute until you’ve formed oat flour.
- Then, add dates, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt to your food processor and process on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides until your dough is formed. It should look and feel like cookie dough.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out dough and then roll between your palms to form balls.
- Finally, sprinkle with sea salt.
Tips & Notes
- *Make sure that your dates are soft. If you have old dates in your fridge, you may want to soak them for a few minutes.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze for later: place balls on a cookie sheet. Freeze for 1 hour and then transfer balls to an air-tight container or stasher bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- This recipe works well with pretty much any kind of nut butter. So, feel free to swap the cashew butter out.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 120 Sugar: 6 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 1 Protein: 2
Keywords: Cookie Dough Energy Bites