- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates (~15)*
- 1 cup all-natural drippy cashew butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ cup Mini chocolate chips
- Place rolled oats in a high speed food processor and process on high for about a minute until you’ve formed oat flour.
- Then, add dates, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt to your food processor and process on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides until your dough is formed. It should look and feel like cookie dough.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out dough and then roll between your palms to form balls.
- Finally, sprinkle with sea salt.
Tips & Notes
- The texture of energy balls depends on how drippy your nut butter is or how oily your nut of choice is. If balls are too dry add a bit more nut butter or a couple teaspoons of water.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 ball Calories: 120 Sugar: 6 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 1 Protein: 2
Category: SnackMethod: No-BakeCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: energy balls, energy balls recipe