- 1 cup drippy, all-natural peanut butter (we used Kirkland All-Natural)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, pulsed in food processor
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (we used Tera’s Whey)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup*
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, pulsed in food processor
- First, cover a baking sheet or plate that will fit into your freezer with parchment paper and set aside.
- Next, combine all ingredients for the Buckeyes into a medium-sized bowl. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop dough into your hand. Roll into a ball and place on parchment paper. Repeat.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or long enough for the balls to settle and firm up a bit.
- While your balls are chilling. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. You want it to be big enough to fit the chocolate chips, but small enough so that you can dip the balls. Microwave for about 60-90 seconds, stirring every once in a while. Then, add in coconut oil and stir again.
- Once your balls have firmed up, it’s time to dip them into the melted chocolate! Place a ball on the end of a fork. Dip peanut butter ball into chocolate, leaving a ring at the top. Hold your fork with one hand and use your other hand to tap your wrist, so that any extra chocolate drips off.
- Finally, use a toothpick to slide the ball off the fork and into one of the toppings. Roll in shredded coconut or sprinkles and then place on parchment paper. Repeat.
- Place baking sheet or plate back into the freezer for around an hour to completely firm up the chocolate.
Tips & Notes
- *Depending on how sweet your protein powder is, you may need to add a little bit more maple syrup. I suggest adding up to 1 tablespoon more.
- Storage: we recommend storing these Buckeyes in the fridge or freezer in an air-tight container. Because coconut oil is used in the chocolate, you risk melting if your house gets too warm.
- Protein Powder: We suggest using a whey protein powder or plant-based protein powder. The sweeter your protein powder is, the sweeter these balls will be.