- 2 cups milk, any kind (we used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1-oz. dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or more, to taste)
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Place almond milk into a small saucepan. Heat over medium/high heat.
- Once warm, add dark chocolate, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and a pinch of sea salt. Use a whisk or handheld milk frother to mix until the cocoa powder is dissolved and combined.
- Continue heating and whisking hot chocolate over medium/high heat until just before boiling. You want to make sure not to burn the milk, but that the dark chocolate melts and combines.
- Once the dark chocolate has fully melted and the hot chocolate is hot, serve with your favorite whipped cream and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 178 Sugar: 21 Fat: 8 Protein: 4
Keywords: Hot Chocolate